We've been asked this question quite a bit lately, and I decided to post a quick blog post.
1. First, piJnz mobile CMS is designed for agencies, marketing consultants and industry partners looking to manage multiple mobile projects and offer mobile CMS solutions to their clients. Our platform was developed with agencies as customers in mind, with built-in true White Label and multi-account management functionality.
We don't work with the end businesses. Therefore - no worries, we won't "steal" your customers, or compete with you.
DALLAS, TX (PRWEB) August 05, 2012
piJnz Group, the mobile customer engagement company, today announces the release of a new cloud-based Mobile Directory product for publications, local newspapers, agencies and communities to offer their own mobile listings, coupon and offer capabilities to their customers.
Refer people to piJnz and earn 25% of monthly revenue from your referrals.
We'd like to announce that our affiliate program is now live. Earn a residual revenue stream when you refer people to piJnz and they sign up for our paid service.More...
Consumers are increasingly using their mobile devices to search for local information and deals. The majority of mobile searches are local. (A good example: the search keyword “restaurants near me” generates 40,000 searches/month on mobile devices.)
piJnz is announcing the release of our new cloud-based product: Mobile Directory, that allows publications, communities, chambers of commerce and hotels to build and manage their own branded and searchable mobile directory to connect local and visiting customers with the local businesses.
We are happy to announce a few new features that were added to piJnz platform earlier today:
1. First, our new reporting interface (click on the "stats/reports" link in a website account dashboard):
- Create visual and custom reports based on your own performance indicators (e.g. visits, form submissions, payments or calls generated from a mobile website or a page)
- Analyze results via the "conversion funnel" (total contacts made on the mobile site versus the total number of visits)
- Easily export your reports into PDF files for sharing with clients or other interested parties.
piJnz is now integrated with Constant Contact and Salesforce.com. You can now push your mobile form submissions into your Salesforce.com account, based on your own custom criteria, and even assign them to your Salesforce.com campaigns.
You can also automatically transfer your mobile form submissions into your Constant Contact subscriber list.
Stay tuned for more!
With a few major brand websites not validating on W3C checker and not caring much about it, it seems that W3C validation is loosing its relevancy in the desktop web world.
What about the W3C MobileOK checker? Should mobile content publishers worry about their mobile pages validating against the W3C mobile standards? Does the W3C MobileOK compliance help insure the cross-device compatibility of the mobile content? These questions have come up lately, and I've decided to write a blog post to help shed some light on this matter.
1. According to W3C.org website:
"Being mobileOK is neither a guarantee that the Web document may be rendered correctly by all mobile devices, nor an insurance that the user experience was correctly addressed." This statement is self-explanatory - just because the site validates, it doesn't mean it looks good or functions correctly across the mobile devices. By no means treat MobileOK as any form of device compatibility assurance.
Having a great time at CTIA Wireless #ctiaw12. Stop by booth #4478 if you are there!
Thank you all for attending today's webinar on mobile coupons. Since we had a bit of a glitch with the webinar software, and I could not answer your questions in real time, I thought I'd post the answers here. I could not quite understand some of the questions, please call or email us if you don't see the answer to your question here.